These are the different sessions that the club operates. There are different tiers of membership of the club, to distinguish between social players and those competing in leagues and tournaments, but guests are welcome to join in for a small fee (all details on the Membership page)
We have a thriving Veterans section who meet to play and socialise during the daytime, all the year round:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10:00 to 12:00
- Thursday from 14:00 to 16:00 (for Singles practice)
Open to all players, these sessions are very popular, bringing together players of all standards.
- Thursday from 20:00 to 22:00 (during term time)
- Thursday from 19:00 to 22:00 (during school holidays)
- Friday from 20:00 to 22:00 (by arrangement with a keyholder)
- Sunday from 19:00 to 22:00
Newcomers and Inexperienced Players
Sessions were run this season to help inexperienced and new players. These have now finished to be reviewed in the summer.
- Saturday from 10:00 to 12:00 (all year round)
There is a session fee of £2.50 per person. Contact George Earle for more details on 01206 323264 (pm only).
Advanced Junior Coaching
These sessions are organised by Aad Kwakkelstein (UKCC level 3 table tennis coach / former Dutch national coach) and held at the Dome. All sessions are term-time only.
The following cost monthly £15 for one session per week, £30 for two sessions per week, £45 for three sessions per week:
- Tuesday from 17:15 to 19:00 for U13's and Intermediates
- Thursday from 16:15 to 18:00 for U13's and Intermediates
- Thursday from 18:00 to 20:00 for U18's and Advanced
- Friday from 18:00 to 20:00 for U18's and Advanced
No regular sessions during school holidays. Most holidays there will be extra training days.
There is an additional session for advanced Juniors on Tuesday evenings at Stowmarket TTC. Contact Aad for details on 07772 123358 or email@example.com. Players unsure of the appropriate session for their standard are welcome to attend a session on a trial basis by arrangement.
Ipswich and District Table Tennis League (IDTTL) matches are played at the Dome each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night between September and April.
For more details of IDTTL visit their excellent website www.idttl.net
Britannia Summer League fixtures are played at the Dome each Tuesday and Wednesday between May and August.